Retail Risk – Leicester and the Fraud Awards were a sell-out success for 2016…
Make sure to join us for an even bigger 2017.
The Retail Risk – Leicester conference 2016 was an outstanding success – perhaps the best Retail Risk – Leicester ever. But don’t just take our word for it. This is what delegates had to say…
- “A really excellent day, with some great speakers who were generous in sharing their knowledge and experiences. I learned a lot.”
- “Loved it. Can’t wait for the next one. Really informative, and showed me new and up-and-coming gadgets.”
- “Great speakers, great networking opportunities. I always hope to come away having learnt something new or with something to follow up on. From this conference I have plenty of both!”
- “Good selection of speakers with topical subject matter”
- “Well organised, good timing some good presentations”.
- “The day was very good and well organised. The master classes should have been in another room. Speakers kept being interrupted with people going into the main room.”
- “Great networking event.”
- “Although did not stay for full day, I found displays and contact with sponsors very useful and informative, and the two masterclasses attended were also very good.”
- “Generally, a well thought through and structured agenda for the conference with a good mix of speaker styles and individual backgrounds and experience levels. As ever, there was some really thought provoking content presented, some common issues highlighted and some potential solutions available for further review. It’s a conference attended by ‘specialists’ with a common interest and one of the highlights of the working year.”
- “Nice venue and hospitality. The speakers were very good. I felt that although it did not all have relevance to me it was still helpful to get an insight into other businesses.”
- “Totally professional, informative and great for networking.”
Terrific Speaker Presentations
The conference featured a strong line up of speakers, masterclasses and exhibitors including:
- Chairman’s opening address: Simon Hoyle, Hoyle & Associates
- Keynote Retailer Presentation: Phil Willsmer, Risk Operations Director, The Co-operative Group – The Loss Prevention Manager – Are we fit for purpose!?!
- Robert King, Head of Strategic Engagement at Kings Security Systems – ‘Intelligent thinking’ on Retail and Policing
- Andy Martin, Business Development Manager, Axis Communications – Raising the bar: are vendors keeping pace with the LP world?
- Steve Teatum, Head of Loss Prevention, Clintons – Thinking ‘Inside the Jar’ to find a workable solution to premium brand theft
- Mark Harrison-North, Head of Credit Risk, Shop Direct – Responding to the challenge of fraud from the remote retail perspective
- Jon Wright, Head of Safety & Loss, River Island – LP is a journey: from reactive, to proactive and ultimately … predictive
- Hans Petter Hübert, Retail Director, Moods of Norway – Omni-channel equals omni-stress!
- Gary Tattersall, Head of Asset Protection & Risk Management, Jack Wills – How to fully deploy RFID in your stores… In under 8 hours!
- Martin Gregg, Head of Loss Prevention, Peacocks Stores – Security Technology and the BIG opportunities for retailers
- Tom Spier, Director of Business Development – UK & European Markets, IDT911 – Surviving a retail data breach
- Proceedings were conducted under the watchful eye of our Chairman Simon Hoyle of Hoyle & Associates
Terrific Networking Opportunities
Later that same evening came a drinks reception with an unusual surprise guest – a ten-foot tall robot, Titan, which danced, talked and interacted with the crowd on its way to one of the many international rock concerts in which it is featured.
The Fraud Awards dinner was brilliantly hosted by comedian Mark Maier. After dinner Awards were made to those chosen by the independent panel of judges with tears and laughter being shed in equal measure at this joyous occasion. Then, those so minded took to the dancefloor whilst others continued to discuss important matters of significant importance whilst making full use of the extended bar facilities until 2am when a most enjoyable evening came to a close.
See you in 2017…